Score a $1000 Scholarship!
Apply for a $1,000 scholarship when you start your job search or make a career plan.
Click here to watch a video testimonial of 2014 scholarship recipient Grace Onwuka.
Click here to read a testimonial from 2013 scholarship recipient Mo Kamar.
Eligibility Criteria for YEC Scholarships
- Must have registered or re-registered in 2017 to access services at the Youth Employment Centre.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited training, upgrading, apprenticeship or post-secondary program for a minimum of one semester and starting or continuing studies in January 2018.
- Must be between the ages of 15-24 years old.
- Must not have been a previous winner of the scholarship.
- Must not be related to an employee or be employed at the Youth Employment Centre.
All applications will be evaluated by a selection committee appointed by the Youth Employment Centre.
Scholarship recipients will be selected and notified in October 2017.
Recipients will receive one cheque made payable to the educational institution selected for enrolment.
- Click here to download and complete the application form.
- Select one of the following job opportunities and utilize the resume skills you have learned through YEC to create a targeted resume.
* Connect with your Employment Counsellor for tips or assistance with your application.
Application deadline is September 30, 2017. Click Here to View Sponsors